0x Token Listed on Coinbase Pro Exchange
U.S. cryptocurrency exchange and wallet provider Coinbase confirmed it would open trading for decentralized Ethereum token trading platform 0x’s native ZRX token on Coinbase Pro.
In a blog post, the California-based company revealed ZRX would go live on the Coinbase Pro trading platform, with Coinbase.com and mobile apps to follow later.
ZRX is launching on Coinbase Pro! The ZRX/USD, ZRX/BTC, and ZRX/EUR order books have entered transfer-only mode. Traders can deposit ZRX, but cannot yet place or fill orders. Order books will remain in transfer-only mode for at least 12 hours. https://t.co/SomOUqoXhv
— Coinbase Pro (@CoinbasePro) 11 October 2018
As of now, Coinbase Pro users are able to deposit ZRX, with trading set to commence once “sufficient liquidity” has been reached, Coinbase said.
ZRX trading in USD, EUR and BTC pairs will be accessible for users in most jurisdictions, but will not initially be available for residents of the state of New York.
The move marks a somewhat unexpected decision on the part of Coinbase, with commentators having expected ZRX to become tradeable through partner Paradex, which the company acquired in May this year.
Instead, Coinbase is pressing ahead with direct integration, Paradex meanwhile announcing its migration to 0x V2 protocol just days ago.
In a post about the migration, Paradex praised 0x developers’ “highly collaborative and responsive” partnership, adding they “have much more planned.”
Last month, Coinbase announced several key changes in its listing policy that will significantly increase its asset offerings, and alter the exchange from a primarily U.S.-focused cryptocurrency curator into a global cryptocurrency platform.
Subscribe to our Newsletter<
- Coinbase Restores PayPal Withdrawals for U.S. Citizens
- Crypto Exchange Kraken Considers Private Listing at $4B Valuation – Report
- Winklevoss Brothers Launch Crypto Trading App Targeting Retail Investors
- Crypto Derivatives Platform ErisX Raises $27.5 Million From Bitmain, Fidelity and Nasdaq Ventures
- Coinbase Adds Privacy-Focused Zcash to its Pro Trading Exchange
- Stock Market Giant Nasdaq and VanEck Will Offer Bitcoin Futures
- Bakkt Sees Most Demand in Bitcoin as the Futures Platform Launch Delayed Until January 2019
- Largest Swiss Exchange to List World’s First Crypto ETP Under HODL Index