Ambisafe Urges Ethereum to Revise Hardfork Conditions
The Ambisafe team asked EthCore developers to revise their gas limitations issued in the course of preparation for yet another hardfork. They developers insistÂ such limits would breakÂ theÂ the company’s service.
Earlier, EthCore recommended miners to adjust for the gas limit of 500k until the hardfork process is completed.
We are recommending that miners retarget for a 500k gas limit until we get the hard fork sorted. Statement from eth foundation to follow.
— ETHCORE (@ethcoreproject) October 12, 2016
Ambisafe responded with a call to revise such recommendations.
— Ambisafe (@ambisafeco) October 13, 2016
The new hardfork is supposed to optimize the network’s operation and prevent multiple attacks it has been facing in recent weeks. It could have occurred as early as a week ago, but hasn’t happened yet. EthCore representatives also added that Ethereum Foundation will soon issue a statement in this respect.
The decision to execute hardfork that will automatically adjusts gas cost on the network was caused by recent attacks on Ethereum. The network started experiencing technical difficulties, while several exchanges claiming there were transaction delays.
According to Vitalik Buterin’s recent post on Reddit, there are several categories of solutions that have been considered by Ethereum.
- Miner voting – allow miners to vote on the price of each individual opcode
- Market-based schemes – allow transactions to specify what gas schedule they execute with, and allow miners to choose what gas schedules they accept
- Timing games – come up with an in-protocol challenge-response algorithm to encourage transaction senders to find transactions that take a long time to process, and use this information to determine which opcodes need to be made more expensive
Earlier Ambisafe announced a platform that automatically issues tokens on Ethereum blockchain. Its basic purpose is to automatize initial coin offerings. According to Andrei Zamovsky, Ambisafe CEO, his team has been developing the project was being developed for six months, with the platform now available in aplha.
- Airalab Ethereum Developer: the Future Robotic Economy Has to Be Decentralized
- Singapore Startup Starbase to Launch Ethereum-Based Crowdfunding Platform
- Fighting for Decentralization: Interview With Ethereum Classic Coordinator
- Six Best Performing Altcoins of 2016
- Ethtrade: 2016 Has Become the Year of Ethereum’s Maturing
- Steemit Alters Economic Model Due to Community Demand
- KeepKey Integrates Ethereum
- Ethereum Developers Announce a Hardfork Again