Another Major Chinese Exchange Supports Ethereum Classic
China’s biggest ETH exchange CHBTC has announced it launches Ethereum Classic trades, Twitter account cnLedger reported.
BREAKING: a top CN btc exchange, arguably the largest eth exchange in China, CHBTC just announced to list ETC today. https://t.co/6zbN2Kiu9P
— cnLedger (@cnLedger) August 1, 2016
Last week, exchange Yunbi announced it supports Ethereum Classic. Alongside with mining pool BW.com, CHBTC is a member of Bitbank group. It is one of three biggest Chinese Bitcoin trading platforms in terms of trade volumes, outranked only by Huobi and OKcoin. The exchange ranks first in terms of ETH/CNY trades.
Last week, the exchange stated it would restrain from supporting ETC, though providing an option of withdrawing ETC coins generated after the Ethereum hard fork.
Bitbank, in its turn, has distanced itself from statements by BW.com’s Chandler Go concerning 51% attack on Ethereum Classic.
Notably, as far as Go’s latest statement reads, he has completely changed his mind, now intending to use the platform’s capacities to support ETC.
Chandler Guo on Wechat: 180 degree flip on ETC 51% attack pic.twitter.com/vCBlh4XQHY
— cnLedger (@cnLedger) July 31, 2016
BW.com itself is also ready to include ETC on the list of supported cryptocurrencies. The company’s CEO Yao Yuan stated that, once the community supports the idea of ETC, and miners show their demand, the company will consider supporting ETC mining.
- Coinbase to Add Support for Ethereum Classic (ETC)
- Bobby Lee: Blockchain Only Suitable for Crypto, Not Real World Activities
- China Bans Initial Coin Offerings as Illegal Fundraising
- The Reasons Behind China’s Crypto Optimism
- Fighting for Decentralization: Interview With Ethereum Classic Coordinator
- Kir Kelevra: Decentralized Centralization Is Coming
- The Dark Side of ETC: Where Did the Coins Go?
- Troubled Waters for Coinbase: Increasing Fees, Neglection of ETC, and Rumors about Insolvency