Apple Co-Founder Steve Wozniak Reportedly Involved with a Crypto Investment Startup
Steve Wozniak, co-founder of Apple, is reportedly working with a cryptocurrency investment company which is about to start operations in Malta.
In an interview with NullTX, Steve Wozniak said he is collaborating with Equi, an investment company which is going to be based in Malta.
“Our approach is not like a new currency, or something phony where an event will make it go up in value. It’s a share of stock, in a company. This company is doing investment by investors with huge track records in good investments in things like apartment buildings in Dubai. We have one person in our group who has listed out a whole apartment building for Bitcoin,” he told the publication at ChainXchange conference in Las Vegas last week.
According to Wozniak, the project “might be starting up in Malta around the time of their blockchain conference”.
“Some countries are very positive about [blockchain] the same way they were about electric vehicles,” he added.
Last month, Steve Wozniak admitted he was really big on Bitcoin, saying he wished he could transact on it more. Even when on his travels, he sought out hotels and places where he could spend cryptocurrency.
But last December, when Bitcoin price soared to $20,000, Wozniak sold almost all of his Bitcoin because he felt it began to act more like an investment and not as a digital currency.
“Today, I have one Bitcoin,” said Wozniak.
Subscribe to our Newsletter<
- Bitcoin P2P Exchange Hodl Hodl Raises Seed Funding From WhalePanda and Other Private Investors
- Coinbase Deny IPO Rumors as Crypto Giant Closes $300 Million Series E
- Goldman Sachs and Mike Novogratz’s Galaxy Digital Invest in Cryptocurrency Custodian BitGo
- Fidelity to Provide Enterprise-Grade Digital Asset Solutions for Institutional Investors
- Leading U.S. Universities Invest in Cryptocurrency Funds
- Malta’s Prime Minister Says Cryptocurrencies are “Inevitable Part of Digital Future”
- Crypto Trading Platform Caspian Raises $16 Million in Token Pre-Sale
- Waves Platform Opens Discussions with Malta Government on Tokenization of Financial Assets