Bitcoin Mining Giant Ebang Comes With New E11 And E11+ Devices, Plans for IPO
Mining equipment manufacturer Ebang International has announced release of new E11 and E11+ miners with rumors circulating that these new devices may outdo all existing alternatives in terms of performance. At least this is what Blockstream CSO Samson Mow says.
Mow noted that while both Bitmain and Ebang are filing for an IPO on the Hong Kong Stock Exchange, only the latter had released new products. Blockstream CSO also praised Bitmain’s competitor for not having a stake in Bitcoin Cash.
And they have zero #Bcash. 👍
— Samson Mow (@Excellion) 27 августа 2018 г.
Apart from Bitmain and Ebang, Canaan Inc., another major Chinese mining hardware manufacturer, is filing for an IPO in Hong Kong as well, hoping to raise at least $400 million. Concerns about the future of the market have meant that the firm has reduced its initial target figure of $2 billion.
As reported by Reuters, Canaan chips accounted for around 14% of the entire Bitcoin mining market last year, while Bitmain had three quarters of the market.
Meanwhile, Ebang International is aiming to raise as much as $1 billion. Its offering is thought to be ready for consideration by the listing committee in September.
Canaan and Ebang filed plans in May and June respectively, while Bitmain is expected to file its plans next month for a public offering in which it aims to raise at least US$3bn, sources close to the deal said.
As previously reported by ForkLog, Chinese conglomerate Tencent, Japanese SoftBank, and investment firm DST Global all denied investing in Bitmain, raising questions about the mining giant’s real value.
Subscribe to our Newsletter<
- Operational Adjustment – Bitcoin Mining Giant Bitmain Confirms Staff Layoff
- GMO Internet Quits Bitcoin Miner Production After Recording Extraordinary Losses
- Mining Difficulty Records Second-Largest Drop in History as Bitcoin Price Hovers Below $4,000
- Canadian ASIC Chip Designer Squire Mining to Purchase CoinGeek for $45 Million
- ForkLog Exclusive: Slush Pool Breaks Down Bitcoin Mining Ins and Outs, Market Slump Consequences for Miners
- Coinbase Deny IPO Rumors as Crypto Giant Closes $300 Million Series E
- Crypto Mining Definition Removed From Russian Digital Currency Regulation Draft Bill
- Bitfury Launches New Enterprise Grade Bitcoin Mining Server