Bitcoin Price Tops $800
Overnight into Wednesday, December 21, bitcoin price has reached its maximum since February 2014 following the new spate of activity on the side of Chinese investors, effectively surpassing $800.
At the time of publication, Bitstamp index peaks at $809.88, with indices at most European and American exchanges showing more or less the same. At the same time, BTC price has soared over $815 at China-based exchanges.
BTC-e is traditionally behind its peers with maximum price of $794.33.
According to Coinmarketcap, the highest volume of BTC/USD transactions within the last 24 hours is attributed to BitMEX ($11,721 million), xBTCe ($7,678 million), and Bitfinex ($7,440 million.)
As for China-based exchanges, BTCC ($1,077 billion), OKCoin.cn ($1,049 billion), and Huobi ($868,9 million) are in the lead.
Bitcoin market cap has also grown: at the time of publication, it comprises $12,972 billion.
Last Saturday, bitcoin price has already surpassed the $800 mark at Chinese exchanges, while at most Europe and U.S.-based exchanges the cryptocurrency was traded around the $790 mark.
- Russian Fitness Network Raided After It Started Accepting Bitcoin
- Could Mt Gox Repeat Be Real, or Why Bitcoin is Trading at Hefty Premium on Bitfinex
- Defiled Consensus: Waiting for a Digital Messiah
- Blockchain Investment Reaches $120 Million in 2017Q1
- Russian Internet Ombudsman Calls Antpool’s Switch to Bitcoin Unlimited a Provocative Demarche
- Blockchain and Bitcoin in Estonia: How the Industry Is Shaping the Country’s Future
- January’s Investment in Bitcoin and Blockchain Startups Exceeds $42 Million
- Why Small Businesses Should Turn To Bitcoin