Bitcoin Price Tops $800
Overnight into Wednesday, December 21, bitcoin price has reached its maximum since February 2014 following the new spate of activity on the side of Chinese investors, effectively surpassing $800.
At the time of publication, Bitstamp index peaks at $809.88, with indices at most European and American exchanges showing more or less the same. At the same time, BTC price has soared over $815 at China-based exchanges.
BTC-e is traditionally behind its peers with maximum price of $794.33.
According to Coinmarketcap, the highest volume of BTC/USD transactions within the last 24 hours is attributed to BitMEX ($11,721 million), xBTCe ($7,678 million), and Bitfinex ($7,440 million.)
As for China-based exchanges, BTCC ($1,077 billion), OKCoin.cn ($1,049 billion), and Huobi ($868,9 million) are in the lead.
Bitcoin market cap has also grown: at the time of publication, it comprises $12,972 billion.
Last Saturday, bitcoin price has already surpassed the $800 mark at Chinese exchanges, while at most Europe and U.S.-based exchanges the cryptocurrency was traded around the $790 mark.
- Bitcoin on Baltic: HodlHodl Founders on Latvia’s First Bitcoin Conference and Their Platform Launch
- Chelsea Owner Roman Abramovich, Other Russian Forbes Millionaires Invest in Cryptocurrencies
- Garry Kasparov: Bitcoin Is Pure Speculation
- No Fees, But Paid Entry: Cryptocurrency Exchange “For the Rich” Launched in Moscow
- The Reasons Behind China’s Crypto Optimism
- Blockstream Satellite to Broadcast Bitcoin Across the Globe
- Scandal-ridden Russian Entrepreneur to Open a Bitcoin Store for the Rich
- Bitcoin Surges Above $4100 to Set New ATH