Bitcoin Rally Continues: Price Tops $900
The incredible rally of bitcoin price continued overnight into Friday. As of 5.00 UTC, the first cryptocurrency’s weighted average exchange rate has surpassed the $900 mark.
The peak value at Bitstamp comprised $913,41, $914 at Bitfinex, while BTC-e, an exchange popular amongst Russian-speaking traders, still offers obviously conservative price of $888.
At Chinese exchanges, the price has even exceeded $920.
As reported by ForkLog, yesterdayÂ Bitcoin has surpassed the $850 mark.
Thus, over the last 24 hours, bitcoin price has grown by 6.5%, while over the past seven days the growth comprised around 17%.
The first cryptocurrency’s market cap has renewed its historical record reaching $14,621 billion.
The biggest transaction volumes are still registered at BitMex ($35,527 million), Bitfinex ($19,719 million), xBTCe ($14,570 million), and Bitstamp ($13,866 million).
- Bitcoin Core Version 0.16.1 Released
- Goldman Sachs to Launch a Bitcoin Trading Desk
- Digital Resistance: Telegram to Use Bitcoin to Bypass Russia’s Ban
- Russian Government to Control Bitcoin to Fiat Exchange Operations
- The Reserve Bank of India Bans Regulated Entities From Dealing In Virtual Currencies
- Moscow Firm Opens World’s First Crypto Addict Hotline
- So, Have We Got Tethered?
- The Definitive Guide to Past and Upcoming Bitcoin Forks