Bitcoin Surges Above $7,000 to a Three-Week High
Cryptocurrencies continued to push into bullish territory on Tuesday, August 28, as Bitcoin rose to a three-week high.
According to data provided by CoinMarketCap, the first currency has surged 5.10% to $7,083, as of 2:30 PM UTC.
Altcoins are on the rise as well, with the overall market capitalization standing at $230.4 billion at the time of writing, compared to $217 billion on Monday.
Ethereum, the second-biggest currency by market cap, rose 4.98% to $291.17, while XRP increased 6.61% to $0.349171 and Litecoin was at $61.96 up 7.80%.
Other biggest gainers include Dash, whose price soared over 25% boosted by the news of wider adoption in Latin America and partnership with Kripto Mobile, IOTA (up 16.38%), NEO (15.74%), and Tron (14.31%).
Cryptocurrencies were bolstered on Friday after the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) said it would review a decision to reject the applications of Bitcoin exchange traded funds. Prior to that, the SEC rejected nine applications from three companies to list their Bitcoin ETF funds, citing concerns about fraud and manipulation of Bitcoin markets.
Subscribe to our Newsletter<
- Ethereum Back to Crypto Second Spot Amid Market’s Moderately Positive Growth
- 2018 is the Year of Crypto Correction According to Binance CEO Changpeng Zhao as Bitcoin Goes Bullish
- New Evidence Suggests Tether Has the Billions It Claimed – Report
- Thomas Lee Remains Bullish Despite Bitcoin Price Sinking to New Lows
- Mining Difficulty Records Second-Largest Drop in History as Bitcoin Price Hovers Below $4,000
- Bitcoin Price Desperate to Break Out From Below $3,800 as the Markets Reach Lowest Levels Since September 2017
- Bakkt Sees Most Demand in Bitcoin as the Futures Platform Launch Delayed Until January 2019
- Bitcoin Hits New Lows as Price Crashes Below $5,000