Bitcoin Surges Above $7,000 to a Three-Week High
Cryptocurrencies continued to push into bullish territory on Tuesday, August 28, as Bitcoin rose to a three-week high.
According to data provided by CoinMarketCap, the first currency has surged 5.10% to $7,083, as of 2:30 PM UTC.
Altcoins are on the rise as well, with the overall market capitalization standing at $230.4 billion at the time of writing, compared to $217 billion on Monday.
Ethereum, the second-biggest currency by market cap, rose 4.98% to $291.17, while XRP increased 6.61% to $0.349171 and Litecoin was at $61.96 up 7.80%.
Other biggest gainers include Dash, whose price soared over 25% boosted by the news of wider adoption in Latin America and partnership with Kripto Mobile, IOTA (up 16.38%), NEO (15.74%), and Tron (14.31%).
Cryptocurrencies were bolstered on Friday after the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) said it would review a decision to reject the applications of Bitcoin exchange traded funds. Prior to that, the SEC rejected nine applications from three companies to list their Bitcoin ETF funds, citing concerns about fraud and manipulation of Bitcoin markets.
Subscribe to our Newsletter<
- Stellar Overtakes EOS to Become the Fifth Largest Cryptocurrency by Market Cap
- Bitcoin Cash Surges Towards $550 as Major Exchanges Announce Upcoming Hard Fork Support
- Price of Tether USDT Plummets to 18-Month Low as OKEx Adds Four Stable Coins
- WhalePanda: Bitcoin Will Be a Global Reserve Currency
- Bitcoin Surges Over $6,800 Following Strong 24 Hours of Trading
- Mt. Gox Bankruptcy Trustee Offloads $230 Million in Bitcoin and Bitcoin Cash
- Bullish Sentiment Returns to Crypto Markets as Morgan Stanley Looks into Bitcoin Trading Services
- Nasdaq Explores Crypto Price Prediction Tool – Report