BitFury to Help in Moving Ukraine’s Land Registry to Blockchain
JUNE 16, KYIV, UKRAINE – Representatives of the Government of Ukraine and Valery Vavilov, CEO of the leading infrastructure provider BitFury, have signed a memorandum of commitment to move the country’s land registry to blockchain.
The paper was signed my Maxim Martyniuk of Ukraine’s Ministry for Agricultural Policy and Supplies; Valery Vavilov of BitFury; Yaroslav Yurchishin of Transparency International Ukraine; Alexander Ryzhenko of Ukraine’s State Agency for E-Governance; and Denis Chernyshov of Ukraine’s Ministry of Justice.
“We have signed the memorandum of commitment to move Ukraine’s land registry to blockchain. The technology ensures maximum protection of the system against third-party interference. The registry contains data on land plots, legally significant information, so all these data is really sensitive and important for landowners. That’s why we pay much attention to protecting this information. Fortunately, blockchain technology is there,” Maxim Martyniuk, the first deputy minister for Ukraine’s agricultural policy, said.
According to Martyniuk, today blockchain is the most advanced method of data protection. The process of blockchainizing the land registry is expected to be complete by the end of 2017.
Earlier this month, Ukraine’s government and BitFury have signed another memorandum on integrating blockchain technology in basic ledgers and confiscated property selling system SETAM.
- Ukrainian Parliament to Review a Bill Recognizing Cryptocurrencies a Financial Asset
- Ukraine Presents Cryptocurrency Regulation Bill
- Ukraine to Develop a Cryptocurrency Bill
- National Bank of Ukraine Will Not Consider Bitcoin a Currency
- Ukrainian Lawmakers to Decide Bitcoin’s Legal Status
- No Western Cryptography – FSB Wants to Introduce ‘Russian Algorithms’ in the International Blockchain Standard
- Berkeley Blockchain Event Hosts Say Security of Blockchain Solutions Is Paid Too Little Attention
- Ukraine Government to Allow Foreign Investors to Purchase Real Estate Online with Propy