Burger King to Accept Bitcoins in Russia by the End of 2017
Russian division of popular fast food franchise Burger King has announced it is developing software to accept bitcoins.
The cryptocurrency option is expected to be rolled out by the end of 2017.
“The company plans to announce the winner of the tender for development of software that would enable us to accept bitcoins. The contractor will have to develop solutions for burgerking.ru, mobile app for Android and iOS, and cash registers on R-keeper,” the company’s statement reads.
Meanwhile, CEO of Burger King Russia Dmitri Medov acknowledged that the main problem with accepting cryptocurrency lies with taxation, not with technical issues.
Nevertheless, the company is confident about the initiative’s success.
“Burger King is watching new trends closely, so we decided to launch this project. Cryptocurrency payments are the immediate future,” Mr. Medov stated.
Remarkably, Russian subdivision of Burger King isn’t the first one to notice bitcoin. In Arnhem, Netherlands, Burger King started accepting bitcoins last year, joining famous Arnhem Bitcoinstad initiative.
- No Western Cryptography – FSB Wants to Introduce ‘Russian Algorithms’ in the International Blockchain Standard
- Blockstream Satellite to Broadcast Bitcoin Across the Globe
- Scandal-ridden Russian Entrepreneur to Open a Bitcoin Store for the Rich
- Bitcoin Surges Above $4100 to Set New ATH
- Russian Minister Compares Cryptocurrencies to Ponzi Schemes
- Waves Platform Strikes Strategic Partnership with Gazprombank Digital
- Russian National Settlement Depository to Develop Digital Assets Platform
- Russia’s Bitcoin Advocate Says There Is No Sense to Adopt Cryptocurrency Legislation that Would Hinder Businesses