Burger King to Accept Bitcoins in Russia by the End of 2017
Russian division of popular fast food franchise Burger King has announced it is developing software to accept bitcoins.
The cryptocurrency option is expected to be rolled out by the end of 2017.
“The company plans to announce the winner of the tender for development of software that would enable us to accept bitcoins. The contractor will have to develop solutions for burgerking.ru, mobile app for Android and iOS, and cash registers on R-keeper,” the company’s statement reads.
Meanwhile, CEO of Burger King Russia Dmitri Medov acknowledged that the main problem with accepting cryptocurrency lies with taxation, not with technical issues.
Nevertheless, the company is confident about the initiative’s success.
“Burger King is watching new trends closely, so we decided to launch this project. Cryptocurrency payments are the immediate future,” Mr. Medov stated.
Remarkably, Russian subdivision of Burger King isn’t the first one to notice bitcoin. In Arnhem, Netherlands, Burger King started accepting bitcoins last year, joining famous Arnhem Bitcoinstad initiative.
- Russian Digital Law Bill Will Not Legalize Cryptocurrencies
- Goldman Sachs to Launch a Bitcoin Trading Desk
- Digital Resistance: Telegram to Use Bitcoin to Bypass Russia’s Ban
- Russian Government to Control Bitcoin to Fiat Exchange Operations
- Court Orders Telegram Messenger App to be Blocked in Russia
- The Reserve Bank of India Bans Regulated Entities From Dealing In Virtual Currencies
- Russian Authorities Prepare Controversial ICO Regulations
- Russia’s New Cryptocurrency Bill Gives Definition to Smart Contracts