Burger King to Accept Bitcoins in Russia by the End of 2017
Russian division of popular fast food franchise Burger King has announced it is developing software to accept bitcoins.
The cryptocurrency option is expected to be rolled out by the end of 2017.
“The company plans to announce the winner of the tender for development of software that would enable us to accept bitcoins. The contractor will have to develop solutions for burgerking.ru, mobile app for Android and iOS, and cash registers on R-keeper,” the company’s statement reads.
Meanwhile, CEO of Burger King Russia Dmitri Medov acknowledged that the main problem with accepting cryptocurrency lies with taxation, not with technical issues.
Nevertheless, the company is confident about the initiative’s success.
“Burger King is watching new trends closely, so we decided to launch this project. Cryptocurrency payments are the immediate future,” Mr. Medov stated.
Remarkably, Russian subdivision of Burger King isn’t the first one to notice bitcoin. In Arnhem, Netherlands, Burger King started accepting bitcoins last year, joining famous Arnhem Bitcoinstad initiative.
Subscribe to our Newsletter<
- HODL Capital: Scams Everywhere. Only Bitcoin And a Select Few Other Projects Are Currently True Value Offerings
- eToro Brings Bitcoin to England’s Premier League
- New Research Estimates Satoshi Nakamoto Owns Around 700,00 Bitcoins
- Despite Decline in Bitcoin Prices Mining Hash Rate Keeps Rising
- Russian Vnesheconombank Refutes Reports on Launch of Crypto Exchange in Partnership with Huobi Group
- Bitcoin True Mass Adoption Will Take Time Says Coinbase CEO
- Nick Szabo Casts Doubt on Bitcoin ETF Benefits
- Crypto Market Falls Below $200 Billion to a New 2018 Low