Burger King to Accept Bitcoins in Russia by the End of 2017
Russian division of popular fast food franchise Burger King has announced it is developing software to accept bitcoins.
The cryptocurrency option is expected to be rolled out by the end of 2017.
“The company plans to announce the winner of the tender for development of software that would enable us to accept bitcoins. The contractor will have to develop solutions for burgerking.ru, mobile app for Android and iOS, and cash registers on R-keeper,” the company’s statement reads.
Meanwhile, CEO of Burger King Russia Dmitri Medov acknowledged that the main problem with accepting cryptocurrency lies with taxation, not with technical issues.
Nevertheless, the company is confident about the initiative’s success.
“Burger King is watching new trends closely, so we decided to launch this project. Cryptocurrency payments are the immediate future,” Mr. Medov stated.
Remarkably, Russian subdivision of Burger King isn’t the first one to notice bitcoin. In Arnhem, Netherlands, Burger King started accepting bitcoins last year, joining famous Arnhem Bitcoinstad initiative.
Subscribe to our Newsletter<
- Jimmy Song: Attacking Bitcoin Network Would Cost Billions of Dollars But Still Would be Pointless
- Bakkt Bitcoin Futures Launch Date Revealed
- Crypto Mining Definition Removed From Russian Digital Currency Regulation Draft Bill
- Price of Tether USDT Plummets to 18-Month Low as OKEx Adds Four Stable Coins
- Blockstream’s Liquid Sidechain for the Bitcoin Network Goes Live
- WhalePanda: Bitcoin Will Be a Global Reserve Currency
- Alternative Cryptocurrency Regulation Bills Introduced in Ukraine and Russia
- Jonas Schnelli: Additional Layer Solutions Will Increase Value of Bitcoin in the Long Term