DECENT Android Wallet Beta Released
DECENT, a non-profit foundation that has developed an open-source blockchain platform DCore, announced its latest product launch – the beta version of a new Android mobile wallet. This release marks the company’s final technical milestone for this year. The Android wallet is now available for download through Google Play Store.
According to the company, the major highlight of DECENT’s mobile wallet is the ability to view and manage all User Issued Assets (UIAs) on the company’s open-source, proprietary DCore platform, making them now accessible on Android devices. These assets are essentially custom tokens created by various projects for use within the company’s ecosystem, and the new wallet contains capabilities for adding any future project’s tokens, as well.
The beta mobile wallet currently supports the following features:
- Sending and receiving of DCT and other custom tokens (UIAs) issued from DCore
- Activating the mobile wallet via QR code
- Dedicated security center where users can find and manage all available security features
- Signing in via PIN
- Sharing user’s wallet address and payment details via favorite messaging tools
- Checking account balance in FIAT (USD, EUR, GBP)
- A complete overview of the transaction history
- A complex view of all transaction details
DECENT launched a new version of its online web wallet earlier this year and claims that the wallet continuously receives praise for its intuitive design and user-friendly interface.
The CEO and Founder of DECENT, Matej Michalko, commented on the release:
“Creating more avenues for our community to interact with each other and our projects is pivotal for blockchain adoption. A lot of the projects we work with are targeting mobile-first markets. Our primary goal is to showcase our leadership in developments to make adoption easier for them. The release of the mobile wallet is a great first step towards achieving such feats.”
This additional channel for accessing tokens aims to simplify and encourage users to interact with decentralized applications.
As the mobile wallet represents DECENT’s premiere on Google Play, the company welcomes any constructive feedback and encourages its web wallet users to try the new mobile product. DECENT also promises to bring their mobile wallet to the iOS systems by early 2019.
Currently achieving speeds of 2000+ transactions per second, DECENT’s DCore blockchain has continued to deliver stable and bug-free performance since June 30, 2017. The company says, that due to the decentralized principle of their DPoS consensus model, DCore does not have a single point of failure, making it extremely secure from malicious acts.
Earlier this month, DECENT announced it is developing Token 4 Hope, a humanitarian project aimed at helping economically disadvantaged individuals through tokenization, transparency, and credibility.
Subscribe to our Newsletter<
- DECENT Launches “Token 4 Hope”, a Donation Management Initiative for the Economically Disadvantaged
- DECENT Unveils 2018 Roadmap, Partners with Dragonfly to Revolutionize Payment Processing In Gaming Industry
- DECENT and Dragonfly Join Forces to Bring Blockchain to Over 100 Million Gamers
- DECENT Launches Beta Release of DECENT GO
- DECENT Content Distribution Platform Announces Official Launch Date
- As DECENT Network Nears Launch Project’s CEO Talks About Major Milestones and Challenges
- DECENT Crowdsale Nears The Finishing Line
- Naughty America and DECENT To Create Next Generation Video Content Distribution Platform