DECENT Content Distribution Platform Announces Official Launch Date
Blockchain content distribution platform DECENT has announced that it will launch on mainnet on Friday, June 30, 2017.
“June 30th is the day that will change history. The launch of DECENT Network will also bring the debut of DCT, the cryptocurrency which fuels the network and the payment method for transactions within the platform,” the project’s statement reads.
DECENT Network is a blockchain-based platform for distribution of digital content that uses p2p data transfer. As a decentralized network, DECENT uses decentralized trust, which means that the network belongs to its users.
The project’s infrastructure incorporates a user reputation mechanism which allows for rating both authors and their content. Poorly rated content will gradually disappear from the network. DCT tokens are used as an instrument for network operation and anti-spam mechanism. The DECENT team is confident that this approach makes publishing efficient for real users and expensive for spammers.
In his recent interview with ForkLog, DECENT’s CEO Matej Michalko reminded that the platform enables distribution of all kinds of digital content, including games, videos, music, texts, images, e-books, software, VR content, science papers, etc.
In 2016, the platform has held a successful ICO raising 5,881 BTC. This was followed by launch of two testnets. Now, the mainnet is finally about to be launched.
Subscribe to our Newsletter<
- Bisq Co-Founder Chris Beams: There’s a Fundamental and Ultimately Fatal Flaw In the Centralized Cryptocurrency Exchange Model
- DECENT Unveils 2018 Roadmap, Partners with Dragonfly to Revolutionize Payment Processing In Gaming Industry
- DECENT and Dragonfly Join Forces to Bring Blockchain to Over 100 Million Gamers
- The Crypto Anarchist View: Smuggler and Frank Braun on Privacy and Importance of Decentralization
- DECENT Launches Beta Release of DECENT GO
- As DECENT Network Nears Launch Project’s CEO Talks About Major Milestones and Challenges
- Fighting for Decentralization: Interview With Ethereum Classic Coordinator
- Russian Celebrity Alexander Shulgin on Decentralization and Inevitability of a New Reality