Dogecoin Soars Over 140% In Three Days as Dogethereum Smart Contracts Launch Nears
Dogecoin moved to the 21st place in CoinMarketCap rankings on Saturday, September 1, following an impressive price run growth which saw this “joke coin” gaining over 140 percent over the last three days and reaching 0.00000085 BTC on several exchanges.
Just five days ago, on August 26, DOGE was changing hands at around $0.0023 (0.00000035 BTC), and even though the coin went slightly up in the next two days it wasn’t until Thursday that it had its first noteworthy price spike of the week.
Taking one height after another, DOGE reached 0.00000046 on Thursday, 0.00000055 BTC on Friday, finally touching 0.00000085 BTC ($0.0058) on Saturday.
With the market cap of $663,4 million, Dogecoin is now just one place behind Zcash.
These developments come as the latest news from the DogeCoin development team see the project expanded with a “Dogethereum” version, a smart contract allowing for a direct swap, making DOGE exist on the Ethereum network.
The project was first mentioned in December 2015, when Vitalik Buterin said that Dogecoin would be transferred onto the Ethereum network, and August 2018 saw the Dogethereum alpha release.
The Dogethereum team is still working hard on the bounty, and now they will present work in order to reach a new milestone for 746 ether. All information is being made public beforehand so the public and the judges can make a decision: https://t.co/tcvvZNIhk3
— alex van de sande (@avsa) 20 August 2018
According to the blog post, the bridge between Dogecoin and Ethereum uses the “Superblocks” concept to move coins Doge->Eth and a “collateralized” bridge to move coins Eth->Doge.
The Dogethereum demo is expected on September 5 with this bridge likely increasing the scalability of both projects and Dogecoin specifically benefiting from Ethereum’s liquidity once its ‘Doge/Ethereum’ link is complete.
Subscribe to our Newsletter<
- Bullish Sentiment Returns to Crypto Markets as Morgan Stanley Looks into Bitcoin Trading Services
- Nasdaq Explores Crypto Price Prediction Tool – Report
- Ethereum Plummets Below $200, Bitcoin Battles to Stay Above $6,400
- Dogecoin Surpasses Zcash in Total Market Cap, Enters CoinMarketCap’s Top-20
- New Research Links Bitcoin Price Changes to Google Search Activity
- Cboe Reportedly Close to Launching Ethereum Futures
- World’s Largest Bitcoin Mining Pool Launches Ethereum and Ethereum Classic Operation
- Yahoo Finance Quietly Integrates Cryptocurrency Trading Service