Dogecoin Surpasses Zcash in Total Market Cap, Enters CoinMarketCap’s Top-20
Dogecoin (DOGE), has surpassed the market capitalization of Zcash (ZEC), one of the top privacy coins. Over the past 24 hours, DOGE has surged more than 13%, adding close to $80 million to its market cap.
Trading at around 0.00000087 BTC ($0.005719), Dogecoin is now valued at $663.7 million, almost $38 million more than the market cap of Zcash, which stands at $627.5 million.
DOGE’s price surge was boosted by the recent demo of Dogethereum, an experimental effort to bring Dogecoin to the Ethereum blockchain, enabling the use of Dogecoin with Ethereum smart contracts through a new DOGE-backed Ethereum token.
The news was confirmed via Dogecoin’s Twitter with the experiment’s results available on YouTube:
We don’t regularly do technical content off this account, but as a lot of people are asking – there was a demo of the bridge today and yes it worked 🙂 – Ross https://t.co/eChHmuCPby
— Dogecoin (@dogecoin) 5 September 2018
DOGE is now ranked 20th on CoinMarketCap and is roughly $90 million away from Tezos in the 19th spot.
Bitcoin is currently changing hands around $6,500 gaining 0.75 percent over the last 24 hours.
Subscribe to our Newsletter<
- Thomas Lee Remains Bullish Despite Bitcoin Price Sinking to New Lows
- Mining Difficulty Records Second-Largest Drop in History as Bitcoin Price Hovers Below $4,000
- Coinbase Adds Privacy-Focused Zcash to its Pro Trading Exchange
- Bitcoin Price Desperate to Break Out From Below $3,800 as the Markets Reach Lowest Levels Since September 2017
- Bakkt Sees Most Demand in Bitcoin as the Futures Platform Launch Delayed Until January 2019
- Bitcoin Hits New Lows as Price Crashes Below $5,000
- What’s Next For The Crypto Market After Bitcoin Crashes to a Yearly Low
- Stellar Overtakes EOS to Become the Fifth Largest Cryptocurrency by Market Cap