Ethereum Back to Crypto Second Spot Amid Market’s Moderately Positive Growth
Ethereum (ETH) has reclaimed its position as the largest altcoin by market cap, data provided by CoinMarketCap shows on Wednesday, Jan. 2.
The asset is up over 8% over the last 24 hours while other virtual currencies are showing signs of reversing the downward trend at the beginning of the new year.
At press time (09:45 UTC), ETH was changing hands at about $147, other biggest gainers in the CMC Top-10 are Litecoin (LTC) – up to $32.26 with 4,37% growth, and EOS ($2.68 ; + 3,20%). Ether’s 24-hour trading volume was $2.56 billion and its market capitalization stands at $15.30 billion.
Ripple’s XRP has occupied the second spot for several month but now is valued at $14.80 billion and has a 24-hour trading volume of $435.8 million.
Ethereum is likely to retain the second position due to impending hype that will surround the Constantinople upgrade. The hard fork upgrade will take place in about two weeks and will see the network’s capacity increase to over 1,000 transactions per second.
Bitcoin (BTC) is up 2,04% and is changing hands at $3,840 on average ($3947 on Bitfinex and $3,795 on Bitstamp).
Subscribe to our Newsletter<
- Ethereum Constantinople Upgrade Delayed Over Security Vulnerability
- 2018 is the Year of Crypto Correction According to Binance CEO Changpeng Zhao as Bitcoin Goes Bullish
- New Evidence Suggests Tether Has the Billions It Claimed – Report
- Thomas Lee Remains Bullish Despite Bitcoin Price Sinking to New Lows
- CFTC Seeks Public Comments on Ethereum and Its Underlying Technology
- Mining Difficulty Records Second-Largest Drop in History as Bitcoin Price Hovers Below $4,000
- Bitcoin Price Desperate to Break Out From Below $3,800 as the Markets Reach Lowest Levels Since September 2017
- Bakkt Sees Most Demand in Bitcoin as the Futures Platform Launch Delayed Until January 2019