Ethereum Developers Announce a Hardfork Again
The EthCore team is preparing a new hardfork solution for Ethereum to rectify the network’s operation and prevent numerous attacks the project is facing these days.
â€śThe protocol is fundamentally flawed and will need to be fixed in a reparatory hard-fork, the sooner the deployment of which the better. In principle, once the protocol is fixed, this suggests that we can probably eek out a substantial performance gain from the World Computer (perhaps 10x) simply by refining the gas metering system and optimising the faster clients to get into the same comfort range that Parity enjoys,â€ť wrote Gavin Wood.
Some members of EthCore have also confirmed the hardfork to ForkLog. According to their information, it could have occurred as early as October 5 or 6, however, nothing has happened so far. Currently the developers are busy writing the hardfork’s code.
The DAO’s collapse, an alternate project dubbed Ethereum Classic was initiated by community members opposing the rollback of transactions history. The community’s reaction to one more hardfork is yet to be determined, however, considering the circumstances, the developers expect less problems than the last time.
Ethereum has had numerous dramatic moments over the last 12 months, starting from Ethereum Foundation’s bankruptcy in late 2015, subsequent upsurge of ETH’s price, the scandalous failure of The DAO caused by developer errors, a forced hardfork, and emergence of an alternate blockchain of Ethereum Classic.
- Russia’s Sberbank Among Almost 50 New Members of Enterprise Ethereum Alliance
- Adam Back on Bitcoin Scalability, the Dangers of SegWit2x, and the Future of the Sidechain Technology
- Vitalik Buterin: Proof-of-Stake Might Drive Ethereum Miners out of Business
- Enterprise Ethereum Alliance Becomes World’s Largest Open-source Blockchain Initiative
- Vlad Zamfir on Proof-of-Stake and Ethereum’s Challenges
- Airalab Ethereum Developer: the Future Robotic Economy Has to Be Decentralized
- Singapore Startup Starbase to Launch Ethereum-Based Crowdfunding Platform
- Fighting for Decentralization: Interview With Ethereum Classic Coordinator