eToro Brings Bitcoin to England’s Premier League
Social trading platform eToro has entered into marketing partnerships with seven Premier League football clubs, becoming the first ever company to fund such a partnership with Bitcoin.
According to today’s announcement, eToro will partner with Brighton & Hove Albion F.C., Cardiff City F.C., Crystal Palace F.C., Leicester City F.C., Newcastle United F.C., Southampton F.C., and Tottenham Hotspur.
As a partner of these seven Premier League clubs, eToro will gain global exposure through an extensive range of marketing opportunities including matchday LED boards, player access, tickets and digital rights.
Iqbal V. Gandham, UK Managing Director at eToro said:
“As a global multi-asset platform where you can purchase the world’s biggest cryptoassets alongside more traditional investments, we are excited to be partnering with so many Premier League clubs and make history by being the first company ever to pay for a Premier League partnership in bitcoin.”
While the extent of cryptocurrency involvement in the partnerships is currently limited to payment, eToro believes that blockchain technology could have a significant impact on Premier League operations in the near future.
“eToro believes that crypto, and the technology, namely blockchain that underpins it, can improve football and the world of sports. In the future, this could include addressing issues of ticket touting, problems with transparency, and providing a guarantee of authenticity for merchandise,” added Iqbal V. Gandham.
Subscribe to our Newsletter<
- Satoshi Nakamoto Thanked on Bitcoin’s Genesis Block 10th Anniversary with The Times Advert
- Bitcoin Transaction Volume in 2018 Exceeds $410 Billion
- ForkLog Exclusive: Without Fungibility Mass Adoption of Bitcoin is Just a Vision – Wasabi Wallet
- Samourai Wallet’s New Update Brings Brand New Look, Full Node Hardware Announced
- SegWit Inventor Launches New Open-Source Project to Improve Bitcoin Transaction Relay Mechanism
- Mining Difficulty Records Second-Largest Drop in History as Bitcoin Price Hovers Below $4,000
- ForkLog Exclusive: Slush Pool Breaks Down Bitcoin Mining Ins and Outs, Market Slump Consequences for Miners
- Jimmy Song: Attacking Bitcoin Network Would Cost Billions of Dollars But Still Would be Pointless