Leading Analyst of EXMO Cryptocurrency Exchange Kidnapped in Kyiv
Pavel Lerner, leading analyst at cryptocurrency exchange Exmo, was kidnapped in Kyiv, Ukraine, on Tuesday, December 26.
As reported by Strana.ua, Lerner first became unreachable on Tuesday afternoon after he was reportedly dragged into a black Mercedes-Benz and abducted. He has not been heard from since.
“The programmer was dragged into a Mercedes-Benz Vito car by unknown persons in dark clothes and balaclavas, and taken away in an unknown direction,” the website writes.
Lerner, a 40-year-old Russian citizen, has a number of startups in Ukraine linked to cryptocurrency mining and blockchain technology. He is also a leading analyst at UK-based exchange Exmo.
“We are doing everything possible to speed up search of Pavel Lerner. Any information regarding his whereabouts is very much appreciated. Despite the situation, the exchange is working as usual. We also want to stress that nature of Pavel’s job at Exmo doesn’t assume access neither to storages or any personal data of users. All users funds are absolutely safe,” Exmo representatives said.
Earlier this month EXMO has announced a sale of EXO (EXMO Coin) tokens to fund margin loans functionality for traders.
Subscribe to our Newsletter<
- Nearly $1 Billion Stolen in Crypto Hacks in 2018
- Alternative Cryptocurrency Regulation Bills Introduced in Ukraine and Russia
- You Can Now Buy Fruits and Vegetables with Bitcoin in Kyiv
- Ukraine Set to Recognize Cryptocurrencies as a Financial Instrument
- Ukraine Electoral Commission Trials NEM Blockchain for Voting Process
- Billionaire Teddy Sagi Invests in Ukrainian Blockchain Startup Distributed Lab
- Alleged BTC-e Operator Alexander Vinnik to be Extradited to France, Greek Court Rules
- Russian Crypto Criminal Admits Money Laundering and Fraud