Litecoin Core v0.16.2 Release Announced
Litecoin Core’s latest update v.0.16.2 has officially come out today, September 8. This is a new minor version release which includes new features, various bug fixes and performance improvements, as well as updated translations.
— Litecoin.Com (@LitecoinDotCom) 8 September 2018
According to the blog post, wallets created in 0.16 and later are not compatible with versions prior to 0.16 and will not work if you try to use newly created wallets in older versions. It is recommended for all users to upgrade to this version. Existing wallets that were created with older versions are not affected by this.
Among the notable updates is the removal of the -blockmaxsize option which was deprecated in version 0.15.1. Miners should use the -blockmaxweight option if they want to limit the weight of their blocks’ weights. The same change is awaited in the Bitcoin Core 0.17.0 release which is due soon.
Currently, Litecoin Core is compatible with a number of operating systems such as macOS 10.8+, Linux Kernel, Windows Vista and later versions. However, Windows XP is not included on the list. Apart from the tested systems, LTC may work on Unix-like systems as well but that is not guaranteed due to infrequent tests on them.
Interestingly, recently Litecoin’s creator Charlie Lee conducted a Twitter poll asking his followers to suggest the most popular choice for privacy protocol integration. The four options included Confidential Transactions, ZK-Snarks/ZK-Starks, MimbleWimble, or no privacy at all. The majority of votes were allocated to Confidential Transaction.
Fungibility is the one and only feature of sound money missing from Bitcoin and Litecoin. Do you support adding a privacy feature to Litecoin? If so, which do you prefer and why?
— Charlie Lee [LTC⚡] (@SatoshiLite) 29 August 2018
As of 1PM UTC on Saturday, September 8, Litecoin, the seventh largest cryptocurrency by market cap was changing hands at $57.09 with trading volumes over the last 24 hours standing to the tune of $214.3 million.
Subscribe to our Newsletter<
- Crypto Trading Platform Caspian Raises $16 Million in Token Pre-Sale
- Gemini Exchange to Add Litecoin Support
- Nasdaq Explores Crypto Price Prediction Tool – Report
- Crypto Wallet Abra Adds Support for European Bank Accounts
- Yahoo Finance Quietly Integrates Cryptocurrency Trading Service
- India’s Central Bank to Research Cryptocurrencies Despite Banning Banks from Bitcoin Transactions
- ZenCash Unveils New Horizen Brand to Promote Fundamental Human Right of Privacy
- Digital Money Platform Wirex Receives UK FCA E-Money Licence