Malta to Host Its Second Blockchain & Bitcoin Conference
Smile-Expo is set to hold the second edition of Blockchain & Bitcoin Conference Malta on October 23, 2018.
Malta is one of the most blockchain-friendly countries worldwide and is considered one of the top three places in crypto development. Among the signs of successful technological development that Malta boasts today are positive and encouraging ICO regulations as well as innovative laws with clear guidelines for the companies moving their businesses to the island.
The upcoming conference calls together government officials, blockchain specialists, and crypto enthusiasts to exchange ideas for the development of the blockchain technology across various sectors.
The event will serve as a platform for 50 leading experts to discuss the development of cryptocurrencies, major trends of the blockchain industry, and the legislative challenges facing the adoption of the technology. There will also be discussions on efforts of the Maltese government on regulating the blockchain industry in the country.
The conference will also involve 5 panel discussions:
- Blockchain and IoT. The speakers will clarify the connection between DLT and IoT. They will highlight positive sides of these spheres’ cooperation and look at the future potential.
- The World Gets Tokenized. The shift in how business models are formed will be discussed within the topic. Experts will explain how companies turn to decentralization and talk about new business possibilities.
- Tales and Adventures of Blockchain Hacking. Crypto advisors will share reasons why DLT is attractive for hackers, discuss the types of attacks and give an insight into the typical pitfalls in cryptocurrency projects.
- ICO’s: Opportunity or Threat? Regulation of the DLT and ICO business. Talking about ICOs, crypto specialists will discuss how initial coin offerings are treated on Malta and present information about 3 latest bills issued in the country.
- Legal and Regulatory Challenges in Blockchain. As for regulations, speakers will examine Blockchian and GDPR compliance, compare crypto taxation in Malta, Switzerland and the United States, and elaborate on the potential regulatory future.
Key speakers include Juergen Hoebarth, Director Digital Strategy, Piccing Inc.; Stefano Virgilli, CEO VOX.sg.; Joseph F. Borg, Partner (Head of Blockchain and Gaming & Gambling Advisory), WH Partners; Gordon Einstein, Blockchain and Crypto Partner, CKR LAW LLP.
Attendees will have the opportunity to promote their technologies and software solutions to an international audience. Startups can also establish brand awareness and seal potential partnerships by participating in the pitch sessions. The summit will then culminate with a networking dinner.
Blockchain & Bitcoin Conference Malta is hosted by Smile-Expo, an international company which has already brought the event to 25 countries.
Registration is now open for Blockchain & Bitcoin Conference Malta 2018.
Subscribe to our Newsletter<
- Wall Street Crypto Bull Tom Lee to Keynote at Blockchain Economy Istanbul Summit
- No Cash, No Pain: What if You Woke Up to No Paper Money?
- Asia Blockchain Week Showcases Maturity of the Ecosystem with an Impressive Speaker Lineup
- Malta’s Prime Minister Says Cryptocurrencies are “Inevitable Part of Digital Future”
- Waves Platform Opens Discussions with Malta Government on Tokenization of Financial Assets
- BlockShow Returns to Celebrate Blockchain with Asia Blockchain
- Binance and Malta Stock Exchange Sign Agreement to Launch Crypto Trading Platform
- Gordon Einstein: Blockchain Should be Cool – Life is Too Short for Boring Things