Microsoft to Help Ukrainian Start-ups with the Internet of Things
Microsoft’s Ukrainian subdivision made local startups’ day with good news. It provided them with a unique opportunity to come into their own in projects related to the Internet of Things (IoT).
According to ain.ua, Ukrainian start-ups will be granted with workstations and equipment, training, and marketing assistance in a newly opened IoT lab in Kyiv.
The lab expects to receive applications from teams who wish to partake in the project on or before December 10, 2015. IoT Lab will officially launch on December 15, and then it will list 10 teams that are staying.
According to Sergei Poplavski, manager for the project and technology specialist at Microsoft, a single cycle of cooperation will last 6 months, and will consist of four parts: first two months will be spent on training, other two months on product development, a month on product displaying, and the last month on training to deal with suppliers and manufacturers.
Start-ups that wish to work at the lab are offered:
1. A course for software and hardware implementation of IoT projects.
Access to equipment (Arduino, Netduino, Raspberry Pi 2), sets of sensors and modules, gauges like oscillographs or 2. multi-meters, etc.
3. A work place.
4. Marketing assistance.
5. 3 years of free access to Azure cloud via BizSpark 3 program.
6. Selection criteria for start-ups are basic.
Currently the project is considered pilot, however the company has some plans to make it continuous.
IoT Lab is located at the premises of Microsoft Ukraine at the address as follows: 75 Zhilanska st., Kyiv.
The lab accepts applications from those seeking to participate at its website.
- Alibaba, ZTE and China Unicom to Create a Blockchain Framework for the Internet of Things
- Blockchain Beyond Cryptocurrency: A Brief Guide to the Future Part II
- Microsoft Hopes For Wider Adoption Of Blockchain With Project Bletchley
- How to Make a Socket Selling Power and Internet Access for Ether
- Blockchain Kyiv: Microsoft Official On Blockchain Apps In Consumption Economics
- Will Microsoft Become a New Point Of Attraction For Blockchain Startups
- Syscoin announces partnership with Microsoft Azure
- The Internet of Things is on the March