Moscow Financial Forum to Discuss Blockchain Prospects
Blockchain technology and fintech innovations will be among the dominant themes at the Moscow Financial Forum which starts on Thursday, September 23.
The forum will be divided into two plenary sessions. The first session will be dedicated to Russia’s financial strategy and the reforms aimed at stabilization and development of the national economy.
The second session of the Moscow Financial Forum is “How new information technologies are transforming the key financial institutions.” Participants will discuss the future of the blockchain development as well as existing prototypes which can be implemented in the financial sector over the next 10 – 15 years.
The forum will be attended by the Deputy Prime Minister Arkady Dvorkovich, head of the Central Bank Elvira Nabiullina, head of the Federal Tax Service Mikhail Mishustin, chairman of the executive board of Sberbank of Russia German Gref, chairman of the Center for Strategic Research Alexei Kudrin, and other representatives of the financial sector.
The Russian government has set an ambitious goal to become a leader in the technological sphere by the year 2035. For this purpose, National Technology Initiative (STI) was created. It will be engaged in a long-term strategising of technological development.
Earlier this year the National Technological Initiative focused on long-term strategy of technological advancement has been created while Russian authorities are planning to propel Russia to the top of the technologically advanced nations by 2035.
- NON central CONF Comes to León, Spain to Celebrate the Spirit of Blockchain and Decentralization
- Cryptocurrencies Pose No Risk to Stability, Russian Analytics Say
- St. Petersburg Court Overturns Previous Decision to Block Bitcoin-Related Site
- Russian Crypto Criminal Admits Money Laundering and Fraud
- Tel Aviv Stock Exchange Launches Blockchain-Based Securities Lending Platform
- Russian Digital Law Bill Will Not Legalize Cryptocurrencies
- Russian Government to Control Bitcoin to Fiat Exchange Operations
- Court Orders Telegram Messenger App to be Blocked in Russia