Roger Ver Plans to Launch Own Crypto Exchange
Cryptocurrency wallet provider Bitcoin(.)com plans to buy or develop its own exchange, its CEO Roger Ver said in an interview with Bloomberg.
Roger Ver claims he is considering finding a partner to produce the platform, or may “build one internally.” No other details were revealed apart from the fact that Bitcoin Cash would be the base-currency for the exchange.
“If we build it ourselves, we can do it really, really cheap, and we get exactly what we want,” he said. “But we don’t have the security of a battle-tested exchange that’s been around for a while.”
Roger Ver, an early promoter and investor in Bitcoin, is expecting to tap the traffic already running through Bitcoin.com for services ranging from news to wallet operations.
The exchange “will be posted on Bitcoin(.)com so we’ll have thousands or tens of thousands of new users every single day,” he added.
Bitcoin Cash was created in August 2017 after a controversial split off the main Bitcoin chain. Despite the lack of support within the broader community, Roger Ver repeatedly calls is “the true Bitcoin” that reflects Satoshi Nakamoto’s original vision.
Subscribe to our Newsletter<
- Bitcoin Cash Forked Splitting Into Two Blockchains
- Bitcoin Cash Surges Towards $550 as Major Exchanges Announce Upcoming Hard Fork Support
- Bitmain Pre-IPO Investor Deck Exposes Massive Bitcoin to Bitcoin Cash Swap
- Exclusive. Erik Voorhees: There Were No Winners in the Bitcoin Block Size Debate
- Purse Announces a Secret Project