Roskomnadzor Blocks RosKomSvoboda’s Site; Crowdfunding Announced
Following yesterday’s blocking of Bitnovosti, Roskomnadzor continues industriously censoring the internet. Today it was announced that public association RosKomSvoboda’s (acronym standing for Russian Committee for Freedom) website was blocked under the order of Anapa town court.
Anapa town court of Krasnodar Kray of Russia ordered to block one of sections on Rublacklist.net owned by Roskomsvodoa on April, 13th.
The order states that the page http://rublacklist.net/bypass is an anonymizer and
The association’s activists launched a crowdfunding campaign to raise funds on their lawsuit. Donations are accepted, among other methods, in Bitcoin and Litecoin. Full details are available here.
ForkLog calls cryptocurrency community to support the project. RosKomSvoboda is a non-profit organization opposing censorship on the web. The association also provides informational and legal support to owners of blocked websites.
- Russia’s Sberbank Conducts First Blockchain Payment Transaction
- Chelsea Owner Roman Abramovich, Other Russian Forbes Millionaires Invest in Cryptocurrencies
- Suddenly Russia’s Central Bank Sees ICO Investment Potential
- Russian Central Bank Pushes For ‘Professional’ Miners Taxation
- Russia’s Stance Towards Cryptocurrencies Remains Ambiguous
- VTB Bank Officials Say Russia’s Appetite for Cryptocurrencies Overblown by Media
- Russia Seeks to Limit Maximum Amount of Purchased Cryptocurrency
- Russian Authorities Receive Putin’s “Signal” to Spearhead Cryptocurrency Mining