Russia Blocks Bitcoin Sites Again
Yet another Bitcoin internet resource was blocked a few hours ago. Bitnovosti.com has fallen another victim to Roskomnadzor. According to social media posts, the resource is unavailable in Russia.
When trying to access the site with a Russian IP it returns a notice as follows.
It should be noted that Unified Register for Banned Sites lacks any mention of bitnovosti.com, however, it seems to be a matter of time.
Recently several owners of Bitcoin sites that had been blocked in January managed to win a suit and cancel the ban. Back then, BTCsec.ru and coinspot.ru were banned.
ForkLog is watching the development of affairs.
- CME Group Says Bitcoin Futures Average Daily Volume up 93% in Q2
- Newly Created Industry Group Initiative Aims to Address Bitcoin Scalability Issues
- Russia: Income Tax for Miners and Cryptocurrency Owners Still in Sight
- Exclusive: RSK Labs CEO Diego Gutiérrez Zaldívar on Bitcoin Smart Contracts Sidechain and Crypto Industry Challenges
- Alleged BTC-e Operator Alexander Vinnik to be Extradited to France, Greek Court Rules
- U.S. DoJ Charges 12 Russian Officials with Bitcoin-Funded Elections ‘Interference’
- Satoshi Writing a Book? Bitcoin Creator Said to be Revealing Cryptocurrency Mysteries
- Exclusive. Erik Voorhees: There Were No Winners in the Bitcoin Block Size Debate