Russia Seeks to Limit Maximum Amount of Purchased Cryptocurrency
Russia plans to introduce limitations to the maximum amount of purchased cryptocurrencies.
According to Russia’s deputy minister of finance Alexey Moiseev, the decision was made during yesterday’s meeting with Vladimir Putin. It is not clear, however, which department made such a proposal.
“It’s a new proposal we approved yesterday. We’re working on it, though not too scrupulously. We supported it conceptually, but we’ve yet to determine the amount. We have to look into international practices,” Mr. Moiseev said.
Earlier today, the Russian Ministry of Finance has said it is going to “head and legally regulate” issuance and turnover of cryptocurrencies in the country.
Subscribe to our Newsletter<
- HODL Capital: Scams Everywhere. Only Bitcoin And a Select Few Other Projects Are Currently True Value Offerings
- EOS Alliance Launched to “Empower EOS For All”
- Russian Vnesheconombank Refutes Reports on Launch of Crypto Exchange in Partnership with Huobi Group
- Crypto Market Falls Below $200 Billion to a New 2018 Low
- Ether Falls Below $300 for the First Time Since November 2017 Amidst ERC-20 Projects Sell-Off
- SatoshiPay’s CEO Meinhard Benn Says It Was a Wise Decision to Leave Bitcoin for Stellar
- ShapeShift Acquires Cryptocurrency Trading Start-Up Bitfract
- Thomson Reuters Partners with CryptoCompare for Cryptocurrency Data