Russian Authorities Receive Putin’s “Signal” to Spearhead Cryptocurrency Mining
In the latest twist of events, Russian government claimed it intends to “head and legally regulate” issuance and turnover of cryptocurrencies.
The country’s minister of finance Anton Siluanov stated after a meeting with president Vladimir Putin:
“We agreed that the government has to regulate the process of issuance, mining, and turnover of cryptocurrencies.”
Mr. Siluanov, however, did not mention any particular measures the government intends to use. It is also unknown which government entity would be responsible for cryptocurrency regulation.
A day earlier, Vladimir Putin stated that he shares the Central Bank’s concerns regarding fraud involved in cryptocurrency, yet asked “not to pile up unnecessary barriers” while preparing a regulatory framework for cryptocurrencies.
- Moscow Firm Opens World’s First Crypto Addict Hotline
- Nuclear Scientists Arrested in Russia for ‘Bitcoin Mining Plot’
- Russia Considers Offshore Cryptocurrency Trading Platforms
- Russia Publishes Digital Assets Regulation Bill Covering Bitcoin, Mining and ICO’s
- Russia Postpones “Crypto Ruble” Launch to Mid-2019
- Russia to Legalize Cryptocurrency Trading on Approved Exchanges
- Russian Project Receives a Banking License for the Implementation of Cryptocurrency Operations
- EXMO Exchange to Launch Crowdsale in Association with Blockstarter