Russian Authorities Receive Putin’s “Signal” to Spearhead Cryptocurrency Mining
In the latest twist of events, Russian government claimed it intends to “head and legally regulate” issuance and turnover of cryptocurrencies.
The country’s minister of finance Anton Siluanov stated after a meeting with president Vladimir Putin:
“We agreed that the government has to regulate the process of issuance, mining, and turnover of cryptocurrencies.”
Mr. Siluanov, however, did not mention any particular measures the government intends to use. It is also unknown which government entity would be responsible for cryptocurrency regulation.
A day earlier, Vladimir Putin stated that he shares the Central Bank’s concerns regarding fraud involved in cryptocurrency, yet asked “not to pile up unnecessary barriers” while preparing a regulatory framework for cryptocurrencies.
Subscribe to our Newsletter<
- HODL Capital: Scams Everywhere. Only Bitcoin And a Select Few Other Projects Are Currently True Value Offerings
- EOS Alliance Launched to “Empower EOS For All”
- Despite Decline in Bitcoin Prices Mining Hash Rate Keeps Rising
- Russian Vnesheconombank Refutes Reports on Launch of Crypto Exchange in Partnership with Huobi Group
- Crypto Market Falls Below $200 Billion to a New 2018 Low
- Ether Falls Below $300 for the First Time Since November 2017 Amidst ERC-20 Projects Sell-Off
- SatoshiPay’s CEO Meinhard Benn Says It Was a Wise Decision to Leave Bitcoin for Stellar
- ShapeShift Acquires Cryptocurrency Trading Start-Up Bitfract