Russian Banks Test Blockchain-Based Service for Customer Data Exchange
Russia’s biggest banks have run a series of test transactions using an Ethereum-based blockchain prototype developed by Cinimex.
The platform was developed under the auspices of the Bank of Russia with the participation from Alpha Bank, Bank Otkrytie, Tinkoff Bank and QIWI, among others. It allows for further creation of new products and services.
â€śMasterchain ecosystem will unite the banks in blockchain research by allowing them to connect and create smart contracts within a unified environment for all financial market players,â€ť said Alexei Arkhipov, Director for Cryptotechnologies at QIWI.
According to Alexei Blagirev, Director of Innovations at Otkrytie Bank, the prototype is a new interaction method for banks. It allows them to receive timely information and collate customer data.
â€śAll data is stored encrypted in the blockchain. One may access them with a special key. Thus, customer data never leave the banking contour,â€ť said Alexander Onischenko, Director for Business Development at Cinimex.
The masterchain is expected to be developed within the Fintech Research Consortium created upon the Central Bank’s initiative. In future, the masterchain could become a part of the next generation financial infrastructure.
â€śThe first transaction within the blockchain infrastructure confirms the potential of the masterchain technology and its applicability in inter-bank relations,â€ť Tinkoff Bank’s VP for IT Vyacheslav Tsyganov commented.
- Russia’s Sberbank Conducts First Blockchain Payment Transaction
- Chelsea Owner Roman Abramovich, Other Russian Forbes Millionaires Invest in Cryptocurrencies
- Suddenly Russia’s Central Bank Sees ICO Investment Potential
- Russian Central Bank Pushes For ‘Professional’ Miners Taxation
- Russia’s Stance Towards Cryptocurrencies Remains Ambiguous
- VTB Bank Officials Say Russia’s Appetite for Cryptocurrencies Overblown by Media
- Russia Seeks to Limit Maximum Amount of Purchased Cryptocurrency
- Russian Authorities Receive Putin’s “Signal” to Spearhead Cryptocurrency Mining