Russian Central Bank Pushes For ‘Professional’ Miners Taxation
The deputy head of Russia’s central bank Olga Skorobogatova has stated that cryptocurrency mining as a business has to be registered and taxed.
The official insists that mining is more than just production of cryptocurrencies.
“Mining is validation of transactions that are represented as blocks on the blockchain. Validation is carried out by finding complex mathematical formulas, and it requires a serious infrastructure, so we think it’s a business. And, being a business, it has to be registered and subject to taxation,” Skorobogatova said.
According to Skorobogatova, the taxation will cover both companies and individual entrepreneurs.
Earlier, Russia’s ministry of finance has issued a statement suggesting that no special taxation is needed for bitcoin/fiat exchange operations.
Subscribe to our Newsletter<
- Operational Adjustment – Bitcoin Mining Giant Bitmain Confirms Staff Layoff
- GMO Internet Quits Bitcoin Miner Production After Recording Extraordinary Losses
- Mining Difficulty Records Second-Largest Drop in History as Bitcoin Price Hovers Below $4,000
- Canadian ASIC Chip Designer Squire Mining to Purchase CoinGeek for $45 Million
- ForkLog Exclusive: Slush Pool Breaks Down Bitcoin Mining Ins and Outs, Market Slump Consequences for Miners
- Crypto Mining Definition Removed From Russian Digital Currency Regulation Draft Bill
- Bitfury Launches New Enterprise Grade Bitcoin Mining Server
- Alternative Cryptocurrency Regulation Bills Introduced in Ukraine and Russia