Russian Central Bank takes a favorable view of Bitruble
As it became known to ForkLog, head of Russian Central Bank Elvira Nabiullina took a favorable view of QIWIs initiative to develop cryptocurrency called bitruble and cryptotechnology research in general.
According to Arkhipov, the basic problem faced by the regulator in terms of cryptotechology is absence of ready-made models to be used in the course of regulating digital currency market and relevant technologies.
Another issue of importance in cryptotechnology regulation is complete absence of global regulation instances for either an entire country, or some business activity. Solutions available in other countries are mostly oriented towards understanding of bitcoins economic essence or exchange regulation.
Find out more about bitruble and peculiarities of cryptocurrency regulation in Russia in our exclusive interview with Bitruble project management board to be published later this week.
- Russia’s Sberbank Conducts First Blockchain Payment Transaction
- Ukraine’s Financial Regulators Support Introduction of Regulatory Framework for Cryptocurrencies
- Chelsea Owner Roman Abramovich, Other Russian Forbes Millionaires Invest in Cryptocurrencies
- Suddenly Russia’s Central Bank Sees ICO Investment Potential
- Russian Central Bank Pushes For ‘Professional’ Miners Taxation
- Russia’s Stance Towards Cryptocurrencies Remains Ambiguous
- VTB Bank Officials Say Russia’s Appetite for Cryptocurrencies Overblown by Media
- Ukraine’s Finance Minister Says Cryptocurrencies Will Not Be Banned