Russian Central Bank takes a favorable view of Bitruble
As it became known to ForkLog, head of Russian Central Bank Elvira Nabiullina took a favorable view of QIWIs initiative to develop cryptocurrency called bitruble and cryptotechnology research in general.
According to Arkhipov, the basic problem faced by the regulator in terms of cryptotechology is absence of ready-made models to be used in the course of regulating digital currency market and relevant technologies.
Another issue of importance in cryptotechnology regulation is complete absence of global regulation instances for either an entire country, or some business activity. Solutions available in other countries are mostly oriented towards understanding of bitcoins economic essence or exchange regulation.
Find out more about bitruble and peculiarities of cryptocurrency regulation in Russia in our exclusive interview with Bitruble project management board to be published later this week.
- Cryptocurrencies Pose No Risk to Stability, Russian Analytics Say
- St. Petersburg Court Overturns Previous Decision to Block Bitcoin-Related Site
- Russian Crypto Criminal Admits Money Laundering and Fraud
- Russian Digital Law Bill Will Not Legalize Cryptocurrencies
- Goldman Sachs to Launch a Bitcoin Trading Desk
- Russian Government to Control Bitcoin to Fiat Exchange Operations
- Court Orders Telegram Messenger App to be Blocked in Russia
- The Reserve Bank of India Bans Regulated Entities From Dealing In Virtual Currencies