Russia’s Sberbank Among Almost 50 New Members of Enterprise Ethereum Alliance
Sberbank, Russia’s largest bank has joined Enterprise Ethereum Alliance seeking a new way to capitalize on international markets. The bank is the first Russian bank to become a member of the alliance.
“Sberbank’s joining the Enterprise Ethereum Alliance is an important stage in achieving the goals on our technology agenda. This membership implies for us access to cutting-edge developments and international expertise in Blockchain technology”, – said First Deputy Chairman of Sberbank’s Executive Board Lev Khasis.
As quoted by CoinDesk, Evgeniy Kravchenko, head of trade finance and correspondent banking at Sberbank, said:
“The next step for our blockchain team will be operations with foreign-based financial institutions and other banks, to do some international transactions, to see how we can increase the transparency and improve the trust between banks and corporate clients.”
Additionally, EEA announced today that Hewlett Packard Enterprise, along with 47 other companies, had joined, raising membership to 200. In addition, four member-driven Working Groups were launched bringing the total to 14 Working Groups and Committees initiated since EEA’s launch in February of this year.
New Working Groups and Committees include:
The Quorum Working Group, Co-Chairs: Conor Svensson, blk.io and Alex Liu, AMIS
The Communications Protocol Working Group, Co-Chairs: Oliver Kemmis, Globility Limited and Dele Olajide, TraderLynk
The Integration and Tools Working Group, Co-Chairs Conor Svensson, blk.io and Alex Liu, AMIS
The Standards Working Group, Chair position open
The Marketing and Communications Committee, Co-Chairs: Andrew Keys, Consensys and Amanda Gutterman, Consensys
EEA was established in February 2017 to evolve Ethereum into an enterprise-grade technology. The alliance unites major international companies like CME Group, Credit Swiss, DTCC, ING, JPMorgan, Santander, UBS, Accenture, Deloitte, Intel, Microsoft. High-tech start-ups and scientific and research organizations are also members of the alliance. EEA creates innovative technologies that will help companies ensure a new level of data confidentiality and enable security and scalability.
Subscribe to our Newsletter<
- Ethereum’s Constantinople Upgrade Delayed Until 2019, Called the “Most Reasonable” Decision
- Hyperledger Project and Enterprise Ethereum Alliance Join Forces
- Vitalik Buterin Says ZCash’s ZK-SNARKs Can Scale Ethereum Up To 500 Tps
- Bullish Sentiment Returns to Crypto Markets as Morgan Stanley Looks into Bitcoin Trading Services
- Ethereum Plummets Below $200, Bitcoin Battles to Stay Above $6,400
- Dogecoin Soars Over 140% In Three Days as Dogethereum Smart Contracts Launch Nears
- Cboe Reportedly Close to Launching Ethereum Futures
- World’s Largest Bitcoin Mining Pool Launches Ethereum and Ethereum Classic Operation