Sberbank Subsidiary Launches Cornerstone, a Blockchain Service for Protected Transactions
Delovaya Sreda (â€śBusiness Environmentâ€ť), a subsidiary of Sberbank of Russia, has launched Cornerstone, a free service for execution of protected transactions using blockchain technology.
The company’s representatives noted that Cornerstone, apart from being totally free of charge, is also capable of dealing with micro and macro transactions while keeping them 100% secure.
â€śThe bank’s interest is that banks may offer their services for turnover, transactions insurance, and crediting their corporate parties,â€ť the company’s representative told Rusbase.
According to the developers, Cornerstone has been created using Ethereum smart contracts as well as Dash and Lightning Network technologies. The service has already run a test transaction between Trademarket, a Russia-based company, and Hangzhou Xiaoshan Tianyu Machinery (China).
â€śDelovaya Sreda is currently negotiating wider application of the technology and adding supplementary services therein with several interested businesses,â€ť the company noted.
Delovaya Sreda first announced a transaction on the blockchain-based platform this September. No details of the transaction were disclosed back then.
Earlier this month Sberbank has joined forces with the Federal Antimonopoly Service to launch Digital Ecosystem, a project aimed at transferring and storing documents in encrypted form using a digital signature.
- Russia’s Sberbank Conducts First Blockchain Payment Transaction
- Russia’s Sberbank Among Almost 50 New Members of Enterprise Ethereum Alliance
- Sberbank Official Says National Cryptocurrency Is a Foundation for Digital Economy
- Russian Sberbank and Federal Antimonopoly Service Launch Joint Blockchain-Based Project
- Russia’s Sberbank Outlines Its Blockchain Strategy
- Sberbank of Russia to Develop a Blockchain-based IT Platform