ShapeShift Rolls Out Revamped CoinCap Crypto Tracking Platform
ShapeShift announced the launch of the redesigned platform CoinCap.io which offers real-time market data for digital assets. According to the Swiss company, the completely revamped service features a streamlined and simplified design, improved functionality, vastly improved data reliability and transparency, as well as enriched real-time cryptocurrency market data.
Very proud to announce the launch of the CoinCap platform. Reliable real-time crypto market data, 1200+ assets, 65+ exchanges, market volume metrics, new comprehensive API, TradingView charts, and… no obnoxious banner ads. Also Dark Mode for 1337 hax0rs https://t.co/2JZAgbYOvz
— Erik Voorhees (@ErikVoorhees) 27 September 2018
“There is a need for reliable, transparent and usable pricing for cryptocurrency, and CoinCap has built the most robust and reliable service among competitors,” said Erik Voorhees, CEO and Founder of ShapeShift AG. “By collecting trading data from exchanges around the world to offer the most real-time view of cryptocurrency pricing, our users can be confident that they are getting the best information to stay on top of the latest market activity.”
In addition to improved navigation and search capabilities, the redesigned CoinCap platform includes:
- Real-time price and market changes
- Exchange pair and volume listings allowing users to explore the industry
- TradingView — granular candle charts that offer users ability to manipulate and investigate the trends
- A comprehensive new API with more endpoints such as /rates, /exchanges, /markets, and /candles
- Timestamped status updates identifying the freshness of data feeds
- Mobile-friendly design for effortless viewing on any device
- Dark mode for easy viewing
- Clean and clear user-interface with no ads
— CoinCap.io (@CoinCap_io) 27 September 2018
CoinCap’s brand has been updated as well to reflect the more professional technology upgrade, while redesigned mobile apps for iOS and Android are expected to be released by the end of 2018.
“CoinCap’s new web and API service, built entirely from the ground up, is another way we are committed to creating the best experience for our users. This is the next step in a product delivering reliable and transparent crypto market data,” added Erik Voorhees.
The release follows the launch of a membership program for ShapeShift users earlier this month, a move that caused plenty of controversy within the community.
Subscribe to our Newsletter<
- Bakkt Sees Most Demand in Bitcoin as the Futures Platform Launch Delayed Until January 2019
- Largest Swiss Exchange to List World’s First Crypto ETP Under HODL Index
- P2P Exchange Hodl Hodl Enables 2 out of 3 Multisig Contracts
- Winklevoss Brothers’ Gemini Exchange Adds Litecoin Support
- 0x Token Listed on Coinbase Pro Exchange
- WhalePanda: Bitcoin Will Be a Global Reserve Currency
- 1Broker Crypto Platform Hit With SEC, CFTC Charges, Claims Funds are Safe
- Coinbase Announces New Coin Listing Policy