Trading Operations at BTC-e Halted Due to Unscheduled Maintenance
One of the world’s biggest cryptocurrency exchanges with Russian language support, BTC-e, has suddenly halted operations Sunday morning. Users have been unable to withdraw their funds for several hours now.
At the moment of writing, the platform itself remains accessible, as well as the chat. However, any attempt to withdraw funds returns a database error message.
A few minutes ago, the exchange tweeted:
No further clarification as to the situation are available now. The exchange’s administration provided no further comments, so the reasons behind the halting remain unclear.
However, according to transaction history of BTC-e’s hot wallet, no significant amounts have been withdrawn during last hours.
Earlier this week, BTC-e has gone offline for a short while due to expiration of an SSL certificate. However, it resumed operations in less than 24 hours.
ForkLog will continue monitoring the situation.
BTC-e.com is the world’s biggest Russian-speaking cryptocurrency exchange. It is one of the world’s ten biggest exchanges in terms of trading volume.
- Bitcoin Exchange BTC-e Cites Political Motives Behind Crackdown
- No Fees, But Paid Entry: Cryptocurrency Exchange “For the Rich” Launched in Moscow
- BTC-e Publishes Updated Plan for Paying Back Investors
- Scandal-ridden Russian Entrepreneur to Open a Bitcoin Store for the Rich
- BTC-e Publishes a Roadmap for Debt Settlement, Plans to Relaunch Under a New Name
- BTC-e Pledges to Return Customer Funds Despite Servers Seized by FBI
- Russian National Detained in Greece Allegedly Connected to BTC-e
- Russia May Legalize Cryptocurrency Exchanges