Ukraine: Tickets for Any Show Now Available for Bitcoins
Now Ukrainian residents may pay for cinema, theater, and other tickets with Bitcoins. Cryptocurrency payments for those services became possible due to event aggregator and online store 2show.mobi.
Previously Mr. Slobodenyuk launched Ukraines first grocery store accepting Bitcoin, and also initiated #takemybitcoin flash mob performed to increase cryptocurrency awareness amongst restaurant owners. Also he designed a Bitcoin heater for a private mansion.
Mechanism of Bitcoin payment acceptance
At the moment of writing, the service has processed 5 purchases to the extent of roughly 12,000 hryvnias (around $ 550). The service is adjusted to account for hriyvnia transactions, and wallet address is permanent. The services Bitcoin address 1g7RCCYBe2J95AfsJCCLDLDZJrdSt1o3c had been registered with blockchain.info with public address token of 2showBitPay.
The services public address is linked in BitPays personal cabinet settings. Payments are effected on a daily basis on the next day.
BitPay transacts the bitcoins to 2shows Bitcoin wallet address the next day, i.e. Bitcoins for todays cinema ticket are transacted to BitPays wallet 1g7RCCYBe2J95AfsJCCLDLDZJrdSt1o3c the next day.
To my reckoning, a cryptocurrency business should be targeted at transparency and positive image formation. Thus, if a seller starts accepting Bitcoin, it seems profitable to use the same wallet address, as buyers will be able to see how much transactions there were. First, its a kind of an entrance threshold for dishonest players, and second, it makes entrepreneurs be responsible whilst working with cryptocurrencies, and maintain transparent and open business. Thus its like a declaration of accepting Bitcoin not for fun, but because its convenient and provides grounds for customer trust and reliance, says Slobodenyuk.
ForkLogs editorial board decided to stop wasting time and go to the pictures for Bitcoin tonight.
1. We chose an interesting movie in Odessa and flagged Bitcoin as payment method.
2. Then we chose preferable seats in the auditorium.
3. We switched to payment page and effected a transaction.
4. Now we know for sure what to do Friday night.
Ukraine maintains its reputation as CIS leader of Bitcoin integration and acceptance. Local cryptocurrency community effectively interacts with the National Bank of Ukraine and other government entities, spreads the word, and accelerates cryptocurrency integration. And, furthermore, local businesses have started accepting Bitcoin payments.
- Ukraine Government to Allow Foreign Investors to Purchase Real Estate Online with Propy
- Scandal-ridden Russian Entrepreneur to Open a Bitcoin Store for the Rich
- Bitcoin Surges Above $4100 to Set New ATH
- National Bank of Ukraine Struggles to Clarify Bitcoin’s Legal Status as Mining Farms in Kyiv Raided by Police
- Ukraine’s Law Enforcement Launch Raids on Local Miners
- Ukraine’s Real Estate Title Registration to Start Using Blockchain in 2018
- Digital Rush: From Graphics Cards Mining to Cryptocurrency-Mining Heating Systems
- Burger King to Accept Bitcoins in Russia by the End of 2017