Ukraine’s Real Estate Title Registration to Start Using Blockchain in 2018
According to the president of investment group Univer Taras Kozak, the government of Ukraine intends to use the distributed ledger technology for real estate title registration as of January 1st, 2018.
Referencing Ukraine’s minister of justice Pavlo Petrenko, Mr. Kozak said the system of e-auctions for arrested property SETAM will be blockchainized in a few weeks, while the register of real estate titles will be placed on a distributed ledger the next year.
“Those decisions are already made by the government, and require no parliamentary procedures. It might be the world’s first instance where such an important register is transferred to a modern and reliable platform,” Mr. Kozak noted.
Last month, the government of Ukraine and BitFury Group signed a memorandum on integrating blockchain technology in basic ledgers and confiscated property selling system SETAM.
- Ukraine Government to Allow Foreign Investors to Purchase Real Estate Online with Propy
- National Bank of Ukraine Struggles to Clarify Bitcoin’s Legal Status as Mining Farms in Kyiv Raided by Police
- Ukraine’s Law Enforcement Launch Raids on Local Miners
- Russia’s Bitcoin Advocate Says There Is No Sense to Adopt Cryptocurrency Legislation that Would Hinder Businesses
- Digital Rush: From Graphics Cards Mining to Cryptocurrency-Mining Heating Systems
- VEB, Ethereum and BitFury to Join Russia’s First Blockchain Research Center
- BitFury to Help in Moving Ukraine’s Land Registry to Blockchain
- Ukraine to Launch Blockchain-based National Currency