Ukraine’s Real Estate Title Registration to Start Using Blockchain in 2018
According to the president of investment group Univer Taras Kozak, the government of Ukraine intends to use the distributed ledger technology for real estate title registration as of January 1st, 2018.
Referencing Ukraine’s minister of justice Pavlo Petrenko, Mr. Kozak said the system of e-auctions for arrested property SETAM will be blockchainized in a few weeks, while the register of real estate titles will be placed on a distributed ledger the next year.
“Those decisions are already made by the government, and require no parliamentary procedures. It might be the world’s first instance where such an important register is transferred to a modern and reliable platform,” Mr. Kozak noted.
Last month, the government of Ukraine and BitFury Group signed a memorandum on integrating blockchain technology in basic ledgers and confiscated property selling system SETAM.
Subscribe to our Newsletter<
- Blockchain4Humanity Awards for Social Applications to be Unveiled at Labitconf Conference 2018
- Hyperledger Project and Enterprise Ethereum Alliance Join Forces
- Malta’s Prime Minister Says Cryptocurrencies are “Inevitable Part of Digital Future”
- Alternative Cryptocurrency Regulation Bills Introduced in Ukraine and Russia
- New Research Says Blockchain Can Add $1 Trillion to World Trade By 2028
- China Recognizes Blockchain Evidence as Legally Binding
- Deutsche Börse Creates a Dedicated Blockchain Unit
- You Can Now Buy Fruits and Vegetables with Bitcoin in Kyiv