Ukrainian Ministry of Justice to Start Deploying Blockchain Solutions
According to a Facebook post by Konstantin Yarmolenko, the head of state agency for e-government of Ukraine, the country’s ministry of justice has announced it is ready to deploy blockchain solutions in basic ledgers and the system of escheat realization.
Mr. Yarmolenko, who is also Bitcoin Foundation Ukraine board member, noted that the statement originally came from Pavlo Petrenko, Ukraine’s minister for justice.
â€śIt’s fantastic news! Basic ledgers of the ministry of justice is about registering all real estate transactions in the country. It’s about selling seized property for billions of hryvnias every year,â€ť he wrote.
While recalling that the ministry is widely criticized for high level of corruption and non-transparency in government systems, Mr. Yarmolenko noted that blockchain technology would render manipulations with records in government ledgers impossible both from inside in case of bribery, or from outside in case of cyber attacks.
â€śThe ministry has a great chance of leaving its status of criticism target behind to become a leader in blockchain deployment not just in Ukraine, but worldwide,â€ť he added.
Mr. Petrenko’s press conference, where he announced the ministry’s readiness to start deploying blockchain solutions, was held April 20th.
A week earlier, BitFury has announced its partnership with the government of Ukraine to provide a wide range of blockchain-based solutions for public management.
- Ukrainian Lawmakers to Decide Bitcoin’s Legal Status
- No Western Cryptography – FSB Wants to Introduce ‘Russian Algorithms’ in the International Blockchain Standard
- Berkeley Blockchain Event Hosts Say Security of Blockchain Solutions Is Paid Too Little Attention
- Ukraine Government to Allow Foreign Investors to Purchase Real Estate Online with Propy
- National Bank of Ukraine Struggles to Clarify Bitcoin’s Legal Status as Mining Farms in Kyiv Raided by Police
- Ukraine’s Law Enforcement Launch Raids on Local Miners
- Ukraine’s Real Estate Title Registration to Start Using Blockchain in 2018
- Russia’s Bitcoin Advocate Says There Is No Sense to Adopt Cryptocurrency Legislation that Would Hinder Businesses