Ukrainian Stock Exchange to Launch Bitcoin Futures Trading
Ukrainian Exchange JSC has announced imminent launch of Bitcoin futures trading, starting from Monday, December 19.
As reported earlier, demand for the Bitcoin in Ukraine has increased almost five times as compared to 2015.
According to the Ukrainian Exchange JSC statement, this trading in futures for BTC index is now possible after the registration of futures contract specifications and amendments to the Regulations of Ukrainian Exchange JSC.
The index will be calculated by blockchain.info basing on the trades at the leading cryptocurrency exchanges.
â€śThe uniqueness of the situation is the fact that Ukrainian Exchange has become the world’s first regulated market to offer futures contracts for bitcoin. Considering the strong interest for the cryptocurrency in Ukraine, and, on the other hand, the fact that the existing legal terrain seriously restricts the Ukrainians’ opportunities in accessing financial tools of developed markets, we could have a synergetic effect. I’m sure it will draw attention of international players eventually,â€ť says Alexei Sukhorukov, the managing director of investment group UNIVER.
The exchange’s representatives believe the new tools will expand the options for market players, attract new ones, and can be used in various investment strategies.
- Russian Fitness Network Raided After It Started Accepting Bitcoin
- Could Mt Gox Repeat Be Real, or Why Bitcoin is Trading at Hefty Premium on Bitfinex
- Ukraine’s State Agency for E-Governance: Blockchain Will End Corruption
- Ukrainian Ministry of Justice to Start Deploying Blockchain Solutions
- BitFury Group Signs Agreement With Ukraine Government to Provide Blockchain Services
- Defiled Consensus: Waiting for a Digital Messiah
- Blockchain Investment Reaches $120 Million in 2017Q1
- Attic Lab CEO: We’re Building Tomorrow’s Financial System Where Banks Are Vehicles