Users Donate Upwards of $50,000 to BitcoinTalk
Charity crowdfunding project Bithope.org is running a campaign to raise funds for development of BitcoinTalk, the first bitcoin-related forum founded by Bitcoin creator Satoshi Nakamoto.
For many, BitcoinTalk is where the Bitcoin community is. It is a website meant to host free discussion of Bitcoin and related topics. It is operated as a service to the community, and all profit is reinvested into the forum and the community.
Recently, BitcoinTalk admins, Michael Marquardt aka Theymos, Martti Malmi aka Sirius, and Stefan Thomas aka justmoon have announced a fundraising campaign.
The campaign is running at Bithope.org. The funds raised will go to the development and maintenance of the website. Currently, the raised amount comprises 87.5434 BTC, which is over $53,000 at the current Bitcoin market price.
“The free and open discussions on this forum help individuals and the Bitcoin community achieve Truth. Everyone has some wisdom or knowledge to contribute to a discussion, and everyone who reads the discussion and gains that knowledge gets closer to the Truth. This is much more effective than having truth dictated by a handful of moderators or voted on by an electorate,â€ť Theymos stated.
BitHope’s first successful project was accomplished last March when users accumulated 0.6 BTC to buy footwear for children living in orphanages. Recently, the website’s users were raising 1 BTC for Edward Snowden.
Subscribe to our Newsletter<
- Coinbase CEO Brain Armstrong Launches Charitable Cryptocurrency Fund
- WeTrust Reveals Why ICO Is Better Than Venture Capital Financing
- Anonymous Person Donates 38 BTC to Africa’s Water Supply Project
- LeakedSource Reveals Details About BTC-E and Bitcointalk Hacks
- How Bitcoin Impacts Charity, and Why It’s Cool
- BitHope Founder: Charity May Improve General Public’s Opinion About Cryptocurrencies