VTB Top Manager: Cryptocurrencies Will Become a Real Means of Settlement and Money Saving
â€śAll payments within the system run on p2p networks. It means it’s a computer network based on its members’ equality. It’s the same principle employed in torrent networks,â€ť he said.
He noted that the network lacks any privileged servers, and each node operates both as a client and a server.
â€śEach cryptowallet is a bank for itself. All around the world, computers with cryptowallets form a giant financial system operating 24/7 in decentralized and unregulated way,â€ť he added.
Speaking about bitcoin’s future, Breitenbikher noted there are two approaches: a cautious and an anticipating.
â€śLong ago, the emergence of paper money caused no joy neither to banks nor to consumers. Trust towards paper money was growing gradually. For that reason, maybe in 10 to 20 years, cryptocurrencies will cease being exotic and become a very real means of settlement and money saving,â€ť he concluded.
- Suddenly Russia’s Central Bank Sees ICO Investment Potential
- Russian Central Bank Pushes For ‘Professional’ Miners Taxation
- Russia’s Stance Towards Cryptocurrencies Remains Ambiguous
- VTB Bank Officials Say Russia’s Appetite for Cryptocurrencies Overblown by Media
- Russia Seeks to Limit Maximum Amount of Purchased Cryptocurrency
- Russian Authorities Receive Putin’s “Signal” to Spearhead Cryptocurrency Mining
- Russia’s Putin Says It’s Important not to Pile up Too Many Barriers in Cryptocurrency Regulation
- Russia to Ban External Cryptocurrency Trading Websites