Waves Platform Raises Nearly $16 Million in a Crowdsale
Blockchain platform Waves has finalized the pre-sale of its tokens, having raised 29,445 BTC through crowdsale. At current exchange rate, this amount equals to $15,754,793.
As soon as the official ICO was over, the platform’s site read 29,445 BTC. That is the amount of sold Waves’ tokens. One token is worth nearly 0.00035 BTC.
Waves positions itself as a Kickstarter’s decentralized killer. The project seeks to effectively compete with existing crowdfunding platforms.
The project’s team has considered disadvantages of existing blockchain-based crowdfunding solutions, including theÂ volatility of a basic token (like in the case of NXT AE), and scarcity of options for fundraising. Users of Waves will be able to raise fiat money (EUR, USD), bitcoins, and Waves tokens for their projects.
The team stressed that Waves is not yet another cryptocurrency, but a blockchain system with precisely defined functionality.
Waves’ ICO was launched on April 12. Shortly afterwards, the project released a test net, so that investors could have an early access to the system’s prototype.
Last month, future integration of Waves and updated multicurrency wallet Mycelium was announced.
Subscribe to our Newsletter<
- SEC’s Strategic Hub for Innovation and Financial Technology to Guide Crypto Startups
- Waves Platform Opens Discussions with Malta Government on Tokenization of Financial Assets
- Ether Falls Below $300 for the First Time Since November 2017 Amidst ERC-20 Projects Sell-Off
- Ethereum Not a Security, SEC Official Says
- SEC Creates Fake ICO Website to Educate Investors
- Waves Platform Smart Contracts Launched on Testnet
- Russian Authorities Prepare Controversial ICO Regulations
- Waves Lab Participant Simdaq Raises $5 million via ICO