Yahoo Finance Quietly Integrates Cryptocurrency Trading Service
Yahoo Finance, the most popular financial news website in the U.S., now allows visitors to purchase and trade Bitcoin, Litecoin and Ethereum with information on other cryptocurrencies still remaining in display only mode.
There was no official announcement regarding this somewhat unexpected move, with Anthony Pompliano, the founder of Morgan Creek Digital Assets, making the first notable mention.
“The virus is spreading,” Pompliano wrote jokingly.
You can now buy Bitcoin, Ethereum, and Litecoin on Yahoo Finance.
THE VIRUS IS SPREADING 🚀
— Pomp 🌪 (@APompliano) 29 August 2018
Indeed, when looking at the latest price data of the three major coins, the visitors now see “Buy” and “Sell” buttons next to the ticker symbols.
A section fully dedicated to cryptocurrencies first appeared on Yahoo Finance in November 2017 with CryptoCompare data feed integrated.
Last month, CryptoCompare entered into a strategic partnership with Thomson Reuters, the world’s leading source of news and information for professional markets. Under the agreement, CryptoCompare integrated order book and trade data for 50 coins, sourced from a wide variety of trusted exchanges, into Thomson Reuters financial desktop platform Eikon, providing institutional investors with reliable insight into the crypto asset market as a whole.
Yahoo Finance of New York is a branch of California-based Yahoo!. The latter, founded in 1995, was one of the first internet companies and was once the most popular portal in the US. However, the last time that it outperformed Google was in 2013, and its value declined dramatically since then. In 2016, it was purchased for $4.83 billion by telecommunications giant Verizon Communications, which had also acquired AOL a year prior. Verizon merged the two to create a new division called ‘Oath’.
Subscribe to our Newsletter<
- What’s Next For The Crypto Market After Bitcoin Crashes to a Yearly Low
- Stellar Overtakes EOS to Become the Fifth Largest Cryptocurrency by Market Cap
- Bitcoin Cash Surges Towards $550 as Major Exchanges Announce Upcoming Hard Fork Support
- The New Zcash Sapling Protocol Is Now Live After Successful Network Upgrade
- P2P Exchange Hodl Hodl Enables 2 out of 3 Multisig Contracts
- D3ledger Tests Safekeeping of Cryptoassets for Institutional Investors Through Distributed Digital Depository
- Fidelity to Provide Enterprise-Grade Digital Asset Solutions for Institutional Investors
- Price of Tether USDT Plummets to 18-Month Low as OKEx Adds Four Stable Coins